WOW... So I have been sick all week... what I think is a head cold but really have no clue because conventional OTC drugs are not easing the symptoms (holding out until next week to see the doc).
Okay, back to the point of this post.
Well, I stayed at Josh's last night, knowing I had to be at work by 4:45 this morning (yes you read that right). Anyone who knows me well will understand that this is not the easiest thing for me cuz I LOVE MY SLEEP. Needless to say, I did this crazy 5am thing last year for 6 months so my body is kind getting used to it. Now because Josh lives in Langdon (where we just bought a house too), I need to get up earlier than my normal 20 minutes prior to work. However, because I have been so sick all week, the sleep I have been getting is more like passing out after a night with Jose Cuervo (if you get my drift). Well, Josh put me to bed (I was so cold last night he even tucked the blankets around me) and I think I was even asleep before he turned out the light and left the room at maybe 8:30pm. (But don't worry, I didn't just go there to sleep alone and make him stay downstairs. It was poker night so I am sure he didn't really miss me... well maybe just a little). With that said, when the alarm went off at 3:30 this morning, I was scared shitless... that stupid alarm woke me from the best sleep I have had all week - and for what? So I can make $104 today and only recieve what $75 thanks to tax? Which means, I woke up at 3:30 this morning to make $9.38/hour. NOT COOL!!!!
And with this being Friday - you know I am not going to get out of here on time, it always is that way. I am off at 2, need to go pick up my business cards from SAIT, then it is home to nap and pack all night - hopefully Josh will want to come in for a visit tonight. Mind you, I can almost guarantee I will not make it to SAIT - I need to be there before 3, and if I don't get outta work on time, there is no way... maybe I will sneak out early on Monday and go then.
Also, it has been 1 week since I gave my notice at work. I never expected them to try and save me or offer me anything to stay, however this week my boss did ask if I was sure about it and if I was leaving purely due to school cuz I can always just take the time off for school and come back... we were interrupted and he has never revisited the conversation. Maybe I will get a chance to talk to him today about it. Maybe...
I don't know what I should do. We need the $$ but is it worth the aggrevation or the 3:30am alarm? If they gave me even 1 more dollar an hour I could see it... but really, what is the chance of that happening? I dunno, I will chat today maybe.
My major goal tonight (and this weekend) is packing... OMG WE TAKE POSSESSION IN ONE WEEK!!!!! It is beyond exciting now... I am shaking inside with excitement... The only thing really left ot do is actually pack... not fun at all. I know if I put my mind to it and actually did it, this silly packing thing would go by so fast... the thing is, and yes I have an excuse, I have been sick all week with little to no energy to even cook myself food. I had a solid meal last night cuz Josh cooked but mostly this week has been picking anything outta the fridge that looks almost edible. But back to the packing! Since this is the last weekend I have (and since I hired awesome new staff that are wanting to take extra shifts I don't have to work at all this weekend), I have all weekend to pack.
I mainly have my bedroom and some odds and ends throughout the house to get through. I need to do some laundry (dad is away this weekend so I have lots of use of the laundry machine), and pack all my clothes - except work stuff and maybe some extra sweats or a pair of jeans so I don't look like a bum. Then this week I will re-organize the boxes - lame I know. By doing that, I know what can go in each load (kitchen, bathroom, breakables, etc) also then I have a game plan for box moving day... AKA Friday!
The plan is to move boxes Friday, and then all the furniture Saturday, rest Sunday with a little unpacking - boxes will prolly be unpacked on Friday, then I am also off on Monday so I can finish up a little organizing and sleep (so pretty much I have more than a week before I can get some real rest!). It would be so nice if I could get the majority of boxes unpacked by the end of the weekend. But there is no guarantees there. We do have a bit of help though. Kathy, a great friend of mine, took Friday and possibly Monday off work to help me. I have to open at work Friday, but then we will do breakfast and start loading up boxes (I know she will be gentle with Mom's china so it is good I have her). Then on Saturday, she will be back, but we also have Josh, Ben, Dad, Dustin, and Jeff... Tomorrow night we are going to a party and are gonna try and recruit more help... I don't think it will be too bad. Friday we also need to move the bed, and washer/dryer from Josh's dad's house - not helping too much there (washer/dryer is in the basement and needs to go into our basement... not gonna be fun). Hopefully, Kathy and I can make Saturday pretty easy by getting all the boxes moved, and maybe a load with light furniture (book case, DVD racks, dining room table) - oh that is a good idea!
Well for a post typed prior to 6am, I think I have said enough at this time... So to everyone, HAPPY T.G.I.F, and please WISH ME LUCK THIS WEEKEND to get everything done!!!!!
xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment