25.8.10

Sicilian Meat Roll, made with help from an angel

I can remember my mother making this dish... unfortunately it is due to this dish I am sure I learnt the horrible language I tend to have when frusterated!

It is unbelievable take on a meat loaf but oh so much better. It is the kind of dish that melts in your mouth and sparks these feelings of joy and love. Yes I am talking about food.

As I make this dish, I make sure I place the love that my mom would have placed in it for her family to enjoy, and I shed a tear. It almost feels like she is behind me watching me, ensuring I do everything correctly, even the little things that are not on the reciepe card. I turn around, she isn't there, but as I close my eyes, I see her smiling at me. This one is for you Mom, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment