20.8.10

Movie Review: "Eat Pray Love"

I recently saw this movie and fell in more love with the whole concept. The story is of true self discovery in a post divorce age for a woman. It is based on the journey that the author went through to find herself again. I read the book earlier in the year. I feel a huge connection to this being a divorced woman who unfortunately choose partying and drinking to find herself post divorce (unfortunately I was also grieving the death of my mom at the same time so it made it even harder).

I am marveled by her journey and since reading the book have brought her lessons into my own life. It is an amazing journey that an individual must go on to find themselves. Something that may be a hard concept considering you really should know yourself.

When I look at me, I see a daughter, sister, granddaughter, cousin, niece, friend, lover, girlfriend, EMT. But really those are titles. I cannot remember the last time I really knew me... I am a passionate person who loves yoga, art, food, people. That is who I really am... me not who I am to other people.

Read the book or watch the movie, heck do both... Discover who you really are, this discovery may lead to happiness you have never imagined before!

No comments:

Post a Comment